FallingUP

FallingUP

Monday, October 24, 2011

The letter

She jumped up as soon as she saw the surgeon come out
>
> of the operating room. She said: 'How is my little boy? Is he going to
> > > be all right? When can I see him?
>
> > > The surgeon said, 'I'm sorry. We did all we could, but your boy didn't
> > > make it.'
>
> Sally said, 'Why do little children get cancer? Doesn't God care any
> > > more? Where were you, God, when my son needed you?'
>
> > > The surgeon asked, 'Would you like some time alone with your son? One
> > > of the nurses will be out in a few minutes, before he's transported to
> > > the university.'
>
> Sally asked the nurse to stay with her while she said good bye to her
> > > son. She ran her fingers lovingly through his thick red curly hair.
> > > 'Would you like a lock of his hair?' the nurse asked. Sally nodded yes.
> > > The nurse cut a lock of the boy's hair, put it in a plastic bag and
> > > handed it to Sally.
>
> The mother said, 'It was Jimmy's idea to donate his body to the
> > > University for study. He said it might help somebody else. I said no at
> > > first, but Jimmy said, 'Mom, I won't be using it after I die. Maybe it
> > > will help some other little boy spend one more day with his Mom.' She
> > > went on, 'My Jimmy had a heart of gold. Always thinking of someone
> > > else. Always wanting to help others if he could.'
>
> Sally walked out of Children's Mercy Hospital for the last time, after
> > > spending most of the last six months there.. She put the bag with
> > > Jimmy's belongings on the seat beside her in the car..
>
> > > The drive home was difficult. It was even harder to enter the empty
> > > house. She carried Jimmy's belongings, and the plastic bag with the
> > > lock of his hair to her son's room.
>
> > > She started placing the model cars and other personal things back in
> > > his room exactly where he had always kept them. She lay down across his
> > > bed and, hugging his pillow, cried herself to sleep.
>
> > > It was around midnight when Sally awoke. Laying beside her on the bed
> > > was a folded letter. The letter said:
> > >
> > > 'Dear Mom,
> > > I know you're going to miss me; but don't think that I will ever forget
> > you, or stop loving you, just 'cause I'm not around to say 'I Love
> > > You'. I will always love you, Mom, even more with each day.. Someday we
> > > will see each other again. Until then, if you want to adopt a little
> > > boy so you won't be so lonely, that's okay with me. He can have my room
> > > and old stuff to play with. But, if you decide to get a girl instead,
> > > she probably wouldn't like the same things us boys do. You'll have to
> > > buy her dolls and stuff girls like, you know.
> > >
> > > Don't be sad thinking about me. This really is a neat place. Grandma
> > > and Grandpa met me as soon as I got here and showed me around some, but
> > > it will take a long time to see everything. The angels are so cool. I
> > > love to watch them fly. And, you know what? Jesus doesn't look like any
> > > of his pictures. Yet, when I saw Him, I knew it was Him. Jesus himself
> > > took me to see GOD! And guess what, Mom? I got to sit on God's knee and
> > > talk to Him, like I was somebody important. That's when I told Him that
> > > I wanted to write you a letter, to tell you good bye and everything.
> > > But I already knew that wasn't allowed. Well, you know what Mom? God
> > > handed me some paper and His own personal pen to write you this letter
> > > I think Gabriel is the name of the angel who is going to drop this
> > > letter off to you. God said for me to give you the answer to one of the
> > > questions you asked Him, 'where was He when I needed him?' God said He
> > > was in the same place with me, as when His son Jesus was on the cross.
> > > He was right there, as He always is with all His children.
> > >
> > > Oh, by the way, Mom, no one else can see what I've written except you.
> > > To everyone else this is just a blank piece of paper. Isn't that cool?
> > > I have to give God His pen back now. He needs it to write some more
> > > names in the Book of Life. Tonight I get to sit at the table with Jesus
> > > for supper. I'm sure the food will be great.
> > >
> > > Oh, I almost forgot to tell you. I don't hurt anymore & the cancer is
> > > all gone. I'm glad because I couldn't stand that pain anymore and God
> > > couldn't stand to see me hurt so much, either. That's when He sent The
> > > Angel of Mercy to come get me. The Angel said I was a Special Delivery!
> > > How about that?
> > >
> > > Signed with Love from God, Jesus & Me.
> > >
> > > 'When you're down to nothing, God is up to something.'

No comments:

Post a Comment